This bag is focused on improving your child's fine motor skills which are very important when it comes to pen control and letter formation. Without sufficient strength your child will not be able to hold a pen properly which will cause unnecessary frustration for you child and make writing much more difficult.
All the activities included in the learning bags will work on improving your child's pincer grip without them evening knowing it. These activities should be precursors to ensure adequate strength is gained in the appropriate finger muscles before handwriting practice commences, they will also aid giving your child the independence required to start dressing themselves, feeding themselves and manipulating small objects such as opening a lunch box by themselves....getting 'school ready'.
- One double sided A4 activity guide
- Two double sided A4 wipeable activity cards
- Peg board, 36 x pegs and 3 threading strings
- Jumbo Tweezers (colour may vary)
- 12 x counters for use with the tweezers (counters may vary)
- Specialised triangular dry erase pen to aid the correct pen grip
- Clear wipeable pouch for use with the online activity sheets
- Access to our "Dexterity" online library containing numerous activities which you can print at home to keep your child entertain
- A bag to keep all the activities in one handy place - perfect for 'on the go' learning
Key Learning Skills
- Fine Motor Skills Development | Sequences & Series | Hand-Eye Coordination | Colour + Shape Recognition | Cognitive Ability | Creative Thinking | Pincer Grip
When to use them?
Anytime really but they are especially good for:
- working on key areas your child may struggle with
- rainy day activities
- keeping your child busy while you make dinner
- while travelling on planes, boats or trains
- in restaurants while waiting for their food
- waiting rooms
Suitable for ages 3+ due to loose parts. Adult supervision advised.