The stage 3 word formation writing mats aim to further develop your child's confidence and independence in writing and also reading. They are the next stage to our stage 2: letter formation mats.
4 double-sided mats
- Mat 1 and 2: word formation
- Mat 3: sentences
- Mat 4: tricky words
- Formation of CVC words (consonant, vowel, consonant)
- Phase 2 phonics
- Sentence formation
- Tricky words
Tips - When learning to write it is always advised to make it as fun as possible by incorporating play eg. creating menus, making signs for a toy shop or labelling household objects.
When moving on to sentences be sure to bring awareness to capital letters, spaces and full stops.
Why choose our learning mats?
- A gradual approach to learning to write designed to aid confidence and development of independent letter formation (stage 1, stage 2, stage 3)
- Our letter formation mats have clear 'starting stars' so the child knows where to begin the pencil movement and 'ending dots' so they know where to finish.
They promote learning to write by engaging visual memory and motor memory.
- A4 in side
- Made from 350gsm card stock
- Recommended by primary school teachers
- Great reviews by parents
- Tested by my own two children to ensure the mats are fun and engaging!
To purchase a triangular pen perfect for correct finger positioning click here
**Use any felt tip pen and wipe away with or damp cloth